Wichita State’s Ron Baker networks at summer exposure camps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State’s Ron Baker networks at summer exposure camps

One of the first people Wichita State’s Ron Baker met at the LeBron James Skills Academy knew all about Baker’s skills.

At the serving line for the opening banquet, Baker saw Gonzaga guard Kevin Pangos, an unfortunate witness to Baker’s shooting display in the final minutes of a 2013 NCAA Tournament game. WSU defeated the top-seeded Zags 76-70 and Baker made four three-pointers.

“He’s still pretty bitter from the loss,” Baker said. “He said, ‘My coach is still mad at me — I shouldn’t have let you shoot that three from the corner.’ ”
    Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2014/07/16/355...#storylink=cpy

Man, are we lucky.

What a young man he is.

Comment

Mature beyond his years. His parents have done a great job. Of course, it helps when you have a kid willing to listen and learn.

Comment

Can someone tell me how these summer camps are funded? NBA, Sports Companies, scholarship, respective schools, players themselves, etc,.

Comment

if I had to guess, I would think they plyers have to get themselves there and the accomodations are sponsored by a shoe company

Comment

Ah yes, Kevin Pangos. He was the subject of one of my favorite sound clips from the Final Four run.

"Tekele, you've got Pangos. (Sarcastic pause) It should be an interesting night for him."
            78-65

Comment

Belcher Report. Most complete players in 2014-15.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2135751-ranking-the-most-complete-players-for-the-2014-15-college-basketball-season/page/4
              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
              X